Thursday, June 25, 2015

Thursday, June 24, 2015

Perhaps blog posts are best composed at the apex of night, the witching hour, with a vodka martini at one's side and Mary J. Blige on one's iPod (I highly recommend The London Sessions; it's grown folks' music).

Today's class: a perfunctory discussion of an article on smartphone use within the classroom setting; a stimulating discussion of K-12 learners' use/lack of use of keyboards and the instruction of handwriting; tasty lemon squares; an animation website I can't recall the name of at present; Snapit. My knowledge of digital technology continues to increase with each class, and although I am becoming more comfortable when I encounter the host of websites, apps, gadgets, and the like I am learning about in both classroom discussions and in the assigned readings, am I still apprehensive, still longing for an older world, an analogue solution to the problem of twenty-first century tertiary education. Am I alone?

For now, a progress report: My Symbaloo page is expanding each day. I feel a sense of pride in the various websites and videos I have uploaded to the page. I do, however, need to put in more time on my Wix website, a tool I hope to implement in my film studies course in spring 2016 (thank you, Emily, for all the help!)

As always, I am indebted to my instructor and my peers for supporting my learning and offering me the gift of their voice, knowledge, critiques, humor, and decorum.

No comments:

Post a Comment